- Parents should agree upon child support when divorcing or terminating registered cohabitation and when changes occur to the custody of a child.
- It is usually the parent with whom the child has legal residence and lives who requests child support.
- Child-support agreements are valid only if confirmed by a District Commissioner.
- A child-support agreement can be amended if circumstances change or if it does not serve the interests of the child.
- Any disputes regarding child-support payments should be referred to a District Commissioner.
Child support on the District Commissioners’ website