- To obtain authorisation to take your driving test, you must apply for a driving licence with your local District Commissioner or the Police Commissioner of the Reykjavik Metropolitan Police in Reykjavik. You can apply anywhere in Iceland, wherever you are resident.
- Driving tests are regularly conducted by Frumherji, which has service locations throughout the country and organises tests on behalf of the Icelandic Transport Authority.
- When a learner driver receives their test authorisation, they take a written test. A practical test may be taken only once the written test has been passed.
- A special fee is paid to take a driving test, and payment is made as soon as the application is submitted.
- Applicants may have an interpreter with them in both tests but must pay for such services themselves.
Icelandic Transport Authority
Icelandic Association of Driving Instructors
Driving tests at Frumherji
Applying for and delivering driving licences in Reykjavik